Your Oberlin Middle School Parent Teacher Association is a local chapter of the National PTA,
North Carolina PTA and Wake County PTA.
It is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, made up families, students, teachers, staff, and administrators
who work together for the success of all children and families.
We promote parent involvement and empower parents to make a difference in the
education, health, and safety of all Oberlin students.
We support our students!
We fund educational programs, extracurricular clubs, and advocate for all students.
• Cultural Arts Programs and Speakers
• Writers and Poets in Residence
• School-wide Visiting Authors
• Reflections Arts Program
• Character Education and Student Recognition
• Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Program
• Technology, including computers, tablets, TVs, headphones, and more!
• Student Agendas
• Special Needs Awareness
• Science Olympiad, Battle of the Books, and more!
• School Wide Events
• Test Proctoring
• Picture Days
• Field Trips
• Concessions at School Sporting Events and Dances
• Student Recognition Breakfasts
• Book Fairs
• and so much more!
We communicate and empower parents!
• PTA Website and Newsletters
• Twitter and Facebook accounts
• Share Local, State, and National topics affecting our school
We build community!
• Open House
• Back to School Orientation
• New Oberlin Spirit Wear for 2020!
• Alive at the Hive
• 8th Grade Events
We support our staff!
• Classroom and Curriculum funding above and beyond what the school system budget provides
• Professional Development Grants for continuing education and workshops
• Instructional Grants
• Staff Appreciation events throughout year
• Hospitality for monthly Teacher meetings
• Technology, including iPads, Apple TVs, projectors, and more!
Support these efforts and more by joining your OMS PTA today!
Submit this form with payment to your students homeroom teacher
or visit this link to join online: HERE